Friday, September 16, 2011

TIFF 2011!!!!!

Well its been a very busy few days in Toronto for the international Film Festival 2011. Not only did I have four AMAZINGLY talented and stunningly beautiful actresses to do. There was also fun to be had at the popup  Grey Goose SOHO HOUSE. For those of you that know me soho house and Grey Goose are two of my fav things!!!!!!

So here is a break down of my gals. I started with Marisa Tomei who has become a firm fav of mine. We were following on from Venice with the sexy relaxed bob this time I made it straighter with a kick on end to give it a sassy swing. I gave the hair a good round brush blow out using Oribe Royal Blow out making sure to turn the ends under really well. To finish I used a combo of Oribe Dry Texturizing Spray and the new Apres Beach Spray (a new fav of mine its heaven).


My second lady was my long term friend and client Miss Kiera Knightley. The day look we did for press was pretty much the same as the premier look. It was a full sexy blow dry unlike Venice which was pin straight this look was much more full and had a soft texture to it. I blew the hair out using Oribe Maximista thickening spray to give the hair the fullness and guts I wanted. I used a round brush giving root lift and turning the ends under to give a wider feel through the edge of the bob. To finish the look I sprayed Oribe Dry Texturizing Spray in the roots and did a slight back comb at the roots for fullness.


My third lady was the stunning Rachel Weisz. I love working with Rachel cause not only is she one of the nicest people i know but she has the most amazing hair. And she is not afraid of a bit of good old Hollywood glam!!!!! So for the Prem of the wonderful film The Deep Blue Sea we did what I like to call a side sweep. I first blew her hair out with Oribe Royal Blowout. I then curled the hair with a mid size curling iron. I sprayed each section with a little hair spray before curling and curled the hair in a spiral down the barrel of the iron. Once all the hair was curled I let it cool down then gave it a really good brush out till it forms waves. I then back combed the roots from the middle back to the front of the left hand side. This is to give an anchor for the pins. I then pulled all the hair over to one side and pinned it into place. To finish YES YOU GUESSED IT I used Oribe Dry Texturizing Spray to give some guts and hold to the wave.

      
And last but not lest I worked on the super cool Maggie Gyllenhaal. We did two looks one for the days press then an up do for the premier of her film Hysteria. The day look was a sexy wavy bob I used Oribe Maximista thickening spray blow out her hair. I then curled the hair with a 1inch curling iron and pined each section in place to cool down. This helps hold the curl better. Once cooled down I Gave the hair a really good brush with a mason and pearson. To give a sexy undone feel to the hair I once again used a combo of Oribe Dry Texturizing Spray and the new Apres Beach Spray I also did a little back comb at the roots I always feel this helps with the undoing of a do!!!!


Our second look was a simple but sexy up do. I used the same hair form the day. I just went through and back combed the whole head to give texture and an anchor for the pins. because of the shortness of Maggie's in the back I took a small section in the nape and twisted this into a small french pleat. I then pulled the rest of the hair back into a messy bun which I secured with bobby pins and grips. I tucked the french pleat into the bun so it all looks like one!!!! I left a little fuzz to the hair texture as I wanted it to have a modern feel and not look to done. I used a little hair spray to hold everything in place. 



So there is the round up of the 2011 TIFF. I hope you like what i did as much as i enjoyed doing it. Oh yes forgot to say Thanks to Tom and all the crew at the Grey Goose Soho House you were all stars and worked so hard to make sure everyone had the best time ever. And trust me form my hangovers they did there job well............
And for a full list of Oribe products go to http://www.oribe.com/index.php/products

No comments:

Post a Comment